CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

Deep Surrendering (Episode 2)

Deep Surrendering (Episode 2) - Chelsea M. Cameron **Warning** If you haven't read the first episode in the DEEP SURRENDERING series, it's a must that you pick it up. According to the author's web site, this is going to be a serial that (when finished) will equal almost 2 full novels. These are short, 100 page novellas, so it'll be easy to catch up.

When we last saw Marisol and Fin, Fin had just walked out on Mari after she didn't follow his command not to come during sex. A very a-holish thing to do. That ending left me wondering how Fin was going to get back into Mari's good graces. Fin redeemed himself from walking out on Mari in the first book, but I think we're just scratching the surface on how f'd up Fin is. As Mari so eloquently put it, there are 2 Fins: a light one and a dark one. She happens to like both, but I don't think Fin does. We get a tiny bit of Fin's sexual history (since Mari is allowed 1 secret for each day they will be together) and discover that Dark Fin may have been created by his first sexual experience, but you can definitely tell there is more darkness coming that shaped him into the man he is today.

Mari, while not quite at Fin's f'd up level, still has her own demons that have shaped her into the woman she is today. She may see past Fin's money to the real him, but her upbringing I think is going to play a big role as things more forward because her parents are exactly those status chasing people that could do some damage if giving the chance.

I can't wait for next month's episode to see what happens next.