CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

Some like It Wild

Some like It Wild - M. Leighton Laney Holt is a preacher’s daughter. She followed the rules, behaved her whole life and was engaged to her long time boyfriend Shane. Then the dream ended. The long time boyfriend cheated with her best friend and turned her world upside down. Her parents want her to forgive him and move forward. But Laney can't forgive and forget and her world crashes down around her. She isn't real sure how to move forward until she meets Jake Theopolis, a true bad boy who also happens to be a bit of a daredevil.

Jake is only interested in right now and how to make himself feel good in the moment. When Laney comes around his farm to handle business for her law firm, he knows she is more than the prim and proper girl next door. Jake is determined to show her that you can break some rules and that being bad can be good.

I love M. Leighton's style. She makes you fall in love with her characters and her books just fly by. It never takes me long to finish one of her books. This would be a perfect vacation read. It's an easy, super quick read but it delivers everything that we have come to expect of Ms. Leighton.

Reviewed by Candace for Cocktails and Books