CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

The Professional: Part 1

The Professional: Part 1 - Kresley Cole For a story that was only 120 pages, Kresley Cole sure did know how to make perfect use of those pages. Part one of the Game Maker Series introduces us to American Natalie Porter and Aleksandr Sevastyan. Natalie, adopted as an infant, has been searching for information about her birth parents. She's used all of her savings in hopes that her latest investigator has the information she craves. What it gets her is hot Russian Sevastyan. He's been sent to protect and collect Natalie and bring her to the father that didn't know she existed.
I loved Natalie and Sevastyan (I hope as we get further along in the story she'll call him Alek or Aleksander. His last name it too much for my mind to process). There was immediate chemistry between the two of them...whether it's arguing with each other or fighting their attraction. They are hot, hot, hot.

This installment is all about world building, so while there is a hint to what's to come with Natalie and Sevastyan, we're going to have to wait to see what's in store for them. We do get to meet Natalie's father, who seems very sweet (given his a Russian Mob Boss). Her distant cousin is slimy and I'm sure there are more people out there we can't really trust. I can't wait to see what comes next.

If you've followed my reviews, you'll know I'm not really a novella type of person, but Kresley Cole has me hooked with this first novella. This is definitely one that I will anxiously follow and you should too.