CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

The Perfect Match

The Perfect Match - Kristan Higgins I have never met a Kristan Higgins book I didn't like and The Perfect Match was no exception. What's not to love? Higgins always includes a darling dog (even if this one's nickname is "Ratty"), an irresistible hunk of man and a very lovable heroine in her stories. This is the perfect formula for me! Readers will fall in love with the Holland family (if they haven't already done so in the first book of the Blue Heron series). Honor is a very responsible middle child from a very loving family. The Hollands own Blue Heron Vineyards and Honor is happy to work there, live on the property and be the "rock" for her family with her little dog Spike. That is until her aging eggs start talking to her (possibly my favorite part of the book!) and she yearns for a family of her own. Tom Barlow is in need of a green card in order to stay in the States to work and remain a part of his almost-stepson's life. He had his heart broken by the mother of said boy and is reluctant to fall in love again. Some hilarity ensues, but there is also tragedy and heartbreak--a perfect balance to the story. Tom is just right amount of hero, allowing Honor to shine as the heroine in her own right. She is definitely no weak damsel in distress. Cheers, Higgins, you've done it again! Can't wait for the next one.

Reviewed by Joelle for Cocktails and Books