CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

How To Discipline Your Vampire

How To Discipline Your Vampire - Mina Vaughn 3.5 Stars

The story captured my attention from the beginning and I loved the premise of a female domme. But as the story progressed, I was having a hard time enjoying the relationship between Cerise and William. I don’t really understand the whole dominant/submissive roles or why someone would enjoy subjugating themselves to please another.

I absolutely loved William’s character. He broke my heart with his vulnerability and desperate need to be accepted. When learning about all the years of rejection and loneliness, I was a little misty-eyed. Cerise, on the other hand, is my least favorite character. I know it’s pretty harsh, but as I continued reading, she just kept getting more selfish and mean. Cerise tried redeeming herself in the end but personally, I didn’t buy it. She doesn’t deserve William.

The story was really a lot of fun to read, with the exception of the previously stated. The role playing scenes were very imaginative and entertaining. The characters were well-developed, just not a fan of Cerise. I thought Mina wrote a good story. I liked the plot and the journey of to find happiness.

Reviewed by Elizabeth for Cocktails and Books