CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

Hopeful

Hopeful - Louise Bay 4.5 Cocktails

I've been on a reading binge lately with hot, sexy British heroes. And HOPEFUL was one that was an absolute delight and had me wishing for a bit more of Joel Wentworth. There were so many things that I loved about the story. The second chance romance, the angst of Ava and Joel seeing each other again and the friendship between the group of friends. The author creates such a fabulous story and characters that you can't help but fall totally into the story and the romance.

Ava and Joel has a unique relationship. I loved the way they were with each other in college and how Joel brought Ava out of her shell. I never liked the idea that their relationship was a secret, but I could see how shy Ava never believed that someone as popular as Joel could want her. But Joel was the epitome of the perfect boyfriend and it was hard not to feel sorry for Joel a little bit more than Ava when their relationship ended. So when they meet again ten years later, I was just as nervous as Ava. But I should have known that Joel was going to be that guy who was so cool and perfect that everything Ava thought she had put behind her with Joel would come rushing back.

I highly recommend HOPEFUL. Louise Bay creates such an engaging world that you can't help but find yourself mesmerized. The characters stick with you and have you wishing there was more to the story by the time you get to the last page.