CocktailsandBooks

Cocktails and Books

Deep Surrendering: Episode 1

Deep Surrendering: Episode 1 - Chelsea M. Cameron Chelsea M. Cameron, I'll give it to you. When I got to the end of this, I sat there wondering "what the hell just happened?"

As the first part in the Deep Surrendering serial series, the author introduces us to Marisol and Fin, who's friends set them up for the few weeks Fin is in Boston. They get along and have some pretty spectacular dates, but you can tell there is something a little "off" with Fin. When things get a little too hot one night, he just up and leaves Marisol without an explanation. When he calls her the next day he's cold. But then everything smooths over and he's wonderful again....until the last few paragraphs.

We don't get a lot in this installment, other than you like Fin for the majority of the book. He's sweet, fun and really into Marisol. She's willing to bend all her rules for him because he appears to be just what she's looking for. But there's a hint of something darker, even though we don't really get a glimpse at what. I'm anxious to read the next installment to see what the author has in store for us.

I'm not generally a fan of the serials, because I'm one that would rather get the whole story at once rather than waiting and getting it in pieces. But this one has me intrigued and I look forward to more.